Monday, September 27, 2010

"The Illusionist"


If you ask me about my favorite movie, appear in my mind a lot of movies and is very difficult choose only one.
One of the movies that I love is “The Illusionist”, a movie about love, mystery and envy.
This movie is written and directed by Neil Burger and the protagonists of the film are Edward Norton, Jessica Biel, and Paul Giamatti.
The story takes place in Viena in early twentieth century. On one hand, Edward Norton is Eisenheim and he is an Illusionist, his magic show is a true impact for people and this situation creates a revolution in the city. On the other hand, Jessica Biel is Sophie (the Duchess von Teschen) and she is the young love of Eisenheim, but the problems and the true obstacle in the relationship are their different social classes.
Eisenheim becomes obsessed with magic and he devoted his life to be a master illusionist. When his work is in the top of the sky, the Crown Prince Leopold (Paul Giamatti) makes his life a hell. He (Leopold) thinks that Eisenheim is a true problem to his life and in his opinion this character is an obstacle and an “agitator” of people, is with this excuse that he try to take him like a prisioner. The most important problem is Sophie, because Eisenheim and Leopold fight because her.
My favorite part is the end, when we can understand the essence of the movie and we can see the expression of love.
I like the movie, because it has a mysterious essence and you can understand the film, only if you pay attention in the end.
I wouldn’t change anything of the movie, because I think that it has the perfect proportions of love, mystery, drama and suspense.
I hope that you can see this movie, because is a very nice outlook…

5 comments:

  1. It is a very good movie beacuse shows you all the secrets of the illusionists.
    Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'am agree with Maite, it is a very surprising movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn´t have an idea that shows the secrects of the illusionists and the story seems to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the kind of movie that you really enjoy watching every minute!
    See you leater honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best final film I've seen in years!

    ReplyDelete